Monday, October 10, 2016

I Am Comic Sans - Mentor Text

Hello Writers!

Welcome!  This week we will working with a very fun mentor text.  Follow the structure and the supports and bring your original ideas and creativity to truly make the piece yours.  I am excited to see what you produce.

1. Prompt
2. "I Am Comic Sans" - Introduction, Annotations, Explanations
* Student Examples
3. Writing Time
4. Poet/Poem Sign Ups
5. Meet Gill Sotu - http://gillsotu.com
*"Letter to My Future Self - Parts I and II" - Mentor Text

HW
* We will finish reading Anne Lamont's "Bird By Bird" Have your text copy w/you tomorrow.
* Guest Speaker Gill Sotu on THURSDAY in the PAC during Periods 5/6
* Poem/Poet sign ups!  We will begin these as soon as possible.  First come first serve.
*** Typed explanation of poem, poet, and takeaways.  You will receive a Mentor Text example.
* Semester Portfolio - Continue to write and edit your works.

Additional Opportunities/Credit:
* Poetry Club Wednesdays at lunch!
* Lyrical Exchange - Tuesdays @ Queen Bees in N. Park. $5 Cover. 8 p.m.
* Anita submission - Extended to Friday 10/14
* SD Slam TONIGHT - $5 cover.  Starts at 8.  It will be packed. Get there early!

Prompts:
1.  Listen up.  I know....
2.  People love me.  Why?  Because I am....
3.  It doesn't even matter what you think....
4.  Sorry...
5.  You think I'm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment